Installing Microsoft Office on your computer
Installing MS office application on your computer
- Insert the MS office 2007 DVD which you purchased in the DVD writer. The installation wizard will automatically appear.
- Enter the product key which is printed on the backside of the DVD cover. Click ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘I accept the terms of this agreement’ check box and click on ‘continue’.
- You have to select an option to install, Upgrade (to switch from previous version) or customize (to select the required features from the installation).
- Click on customize option, click on installation tab and deselect the programs which you do not use.
- Click on ‘Install now’ button.
- The installation progress window is displayed which shows you the status of the installation.
- It will take 10 to 15 minutes depending on your computer hardware. Click ‘close’.
- The installation is now complete. First time when you open any office program you will be asked to activate your product.
- Select ‘I want to activate the software over internet’ option. Click on ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation.
Installing Microsoft Security Essentials
- Download the Microsoft Security Essentials from the Microsoft download centre.
- When the Microsoft Security Essentials download completes click on ‘Run’ button.
- The installation process starts very quickly and the wizard is displayed.
- Click on ‘Next’, the terms and agreement window is displayed. Click on ‘I accept’ to accept the terms and conditions.
- In the next step you will be required to validate the copy of your Windows operating system. Click on ‘validate’.
- The ‘Ready to install Microsoft Security Essentials’ window displays. Click on ‘Install’.
- Once the ‘Microsoft Security Essentials’ is installed it immediately updates itself with the latest antivirus definitions.
- Click on ‘Finish’. Once the updates are done the Window changes to green colour from red. It says that the PC is now protected.
- Your installation is now complete.
Installing Smart Defragger
- Download the free software from internet. Close all the applications before starting the installation.
- Double click the setup file. A window will be displayed to start the installation process.
- Click on ‘Next’. ‘Select the destination’ window appears. You may browse to select a different location to copy the set up files or you can simple select the default location.
- Click on ‘Next’. It will show you the name of the folder. If you want you can change the name of the folder. Click on ‘Next’ when you are done.
- Click on ‘Install’ to start the installation process. Click on ‘Finish’ to complete the installation process. This will complete the ‘Smart Defragger’ installation.
- Download the free version of Ccleaner from the internet. Double click the setup file of Ccleaner.
- Click ‘Yes’ to activate the version. The Welcome screen is displayed, click on ‘Next’.
- Uncheck the option ‘Install Google chrome as my default browser’.
- Click ‘Install’ to start the installation process. It will take 1 to 2 minutes to complete the installation. Click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation process.
- The intelligently scan for cookies option will be displayed. Click ‘No’.
- The installation of Ccleaner is now complete.
Using Microsoft Office
Learning to use all the applications with the MS Office suite can take a long time, particularly if you teach yourself. There are many online tutorials which can help with the process and a search at YouTube will give you a good start. If you want to learn to use Microsoft Excel and Word for business purposes you might want to consider taking a course. There are numerous training providers such as Paul Brown Training Ltd who provide 1 day courses either at public centres or your own offices.